Friday, November 22, 2013

Clean Blackberry Cobbler

I've had a craving for pie for many...weeks at this point. But I'm trying to stay dedicated to the clean eating cause, mostly because I'm scheduled to run a 5k next week. (I'm not where I should be in training for it.) Despite the dedication, last night my friend ordered a slice marionberry pie and I wanted to offer my first born for a slice. I didn't. But I did look up clean recipes for a berry cobbler. These are the best two I found:
Almond Butter Peach Cobbler for Two and Berry Crisp Recipe for One.

It may not look exactly like this. It will be equally delicious!

I did this thing where I combined the two recipes a little. Really botched it. Tasted like I was eating warmed peanut butter. I did eat it all though and I highly recommend it. Especially if you're hard-up for sweets. Also this recipe is possibly paleo and definitely vegan if you take out that honey! The next time I make this, this is what my recipe will look like:


Ingredients:

1 small peach, cored and sliced cup of frozen blackberries (you can also mix blackberries and peaches, but  let the peaches thaw.)
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted I didn't see the point of this addition
1/4 cup almond flour oat flour. It's what I had on hand. Though almond flour is more granular, so you may like it better for the topping.
2 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter) 1-1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 tbsp honey (I probably used a full tbsp. Shoot me.)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt Forgot it. Oops.

Put the fruit in the bottom of an oven safe dish (I used a ramkin), mix everything else together until it's crumbly (add more flour if it's not crumbly enough) and pop it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 and you have a cobbler! And you'll still be able to run in the morning!! I think. Salud!


1 comment: