Sunday, November 17, 2013

Clean Peppermint Mocha


At this point, I know what you're thinking. Wow. This girl is FLAKY! But it's not my fault! Just as I was gearing up to get into the swing of things again, my computer broke. So then I had to go through an extended process of figuring out what was wrong/ buying a new computer. But now that that is all fixed and I've caught up on my papers...I'M HERE for real! As a token of my sincerity, I've also brought along a CLEAN Peppermint Mocha recipe. You're welcome in advanced.

Now, as I'm sure you all know by now, I like to keep a clean diet as much as possible. But as a mid-twenties graduate student, coffee and coffee shops are simply a fact of life. So to help alleviate how much time I spend at Starbucks, I bring you an equally enjoyable and much more diet friendly The recipe can be found here: http://deliciouslyorganic.net/peppermint-mocha/

I've included the recipe below. Of course, I made a few substitutions according to my tastes:

 

I'm using my Princeton mug in support of the football team's spectacular win this weekend. Go tigers!



Ingredients

1 1/2 Tablespoons cocao powder

1 1/2 Tablespoons organic whole cane sugar, sucanat, or honey

6 ounces whole milk
 unsweetened original almond milk (I prefer Almond Breeze)
2 ounces strong brewed herbal coffee *Safeway brand, 1/2 caffeinated coffee to taste. I just poured it in there until my mug was filled. Like a real caffeine addict.
a splash of peppermint extract

2 Tablespoons whipped cream No whipped cream. :/

Instructions

Whisk together milk, cocao powder and whole cane sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. When milk begins to steam take off of heat and pour into a mug. Add the herbal coffee and splash of peppermint extract. Top with a large dollop of whipped cream.
I don't know if you can tell, but this recipe is super simple to assemble. And it's mighty tasty. As always, don't be afraid to make modifications according to your diet and don't forget to check out the Deliciously Organic website; you won't be disappointed. Salud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment